Get fast, free health insurance quotes in moments!
Get Competitive Health Insurance Quotes now and save!
Compare Rates Within Minutes!
- Complete 1 short quote form
- Compare rates from top insurers
- Save time & money!
Oklahoma Health Insurance
According to the Center for Disease Control, an average of 18.7% of Oklahoma residents each year went uninsured for Oklahoma health insurance between 2001 and 2003.
Oklahoma Health Insurance Regulations
Individuals cannot be denied or limited coverage under an employer’s health insurance plan. They can, however be limited or denied access to individual Oklahoma health insurance based on health, age, or any other factor. Individuals have guaranteed renewability protection under Oklahoma health insurance law and anyone wishing to renew his or her individual health insurance policy is guaranteed the right to do so.
There are no laws regulating what Oklahoma health insurance companies can charge for individual policies. Oklahoma health insurance rates will vary based on an individual’s health, age, and other factors. Premiums can go up when a policy is renewed.
Oklahoma health insurance companies can limit coverage for medical conditions. Some policies come with an elimination rider which permanently excludes a medical condition or body part from coverage under that Oklahoma health insurance plan. Other policies may impose a pre-existing exclusion period to exclude coverage for any condition diagnosed, treated, or otherwise advised before the beginning of the policy. There are no limits to how long a pre-existing exclusion period can last.
Pregnancy can be considered a pre-existing condition. If an expecting parent has a policy that covers dependents, all newborns are automatically covered under the policy for the first 31 days after birth.
Some Oklahoma health insurance companies sell temporary individual health insurance policies to provide coverage between plans or between employer plans.
Alternative Oklahoma Health Insurance Options
For individuals who may be “uninsurable” or who might not otherwise be able to afford Oklahoma health insurance, there are state programs that may help:
- Oklahoma Employer/Employee Partnership for Insurance Coverage (O-EPIC) assists qualified and eligible small business owners, employees and spouses with premiums for health insurance. Coverage and assistance also extends to self-employed individuals, workers without health coverage, unemployed, and sole proprieters.
- Oklahoma Medicaid is available to all qualifying individuals who meet the eligibility criteria.
- Oklahoma Health Insurance High Risk Pool helps individuals who may otherwise be “uninsurable” to gain access to Oklahoma health insurance through a state group heath insurance plan. Pre-existing conditions may apply.
- Children’s Health Insurance Program is designed to provide health insurance for children up to 19 years old whose families do not qualify for Medicaid and who otherwise cannot afford Oklahoma health insurance.
Oklahoma Insurance Department
Oklahoma Insurance Department
P.O. Box 53408
Oklahoma City, OK 73152-3408
For other Oklahoma Insurance Resources, See:
Connect With Oklahoma Health Insurance Agents Now By Filling Out The Quick Form At The Top Of The Page.
Health insurance quotes are provided by licensed agents and brokers that partner with USInsuranceOnline to help consumers compare rates and save money.