Get fast, free health insurance quotes in moments!
Get Competitive Health Insurance Quotes now and save!
Compare Rates Within Minutes!
- Complete 1 short quote form
- Compare rates from top insurers
- Save time & money!
Kentucky Health Insurance
According to the Center for Disease Control an average of 13.3% of Kentucky residents were without Kentucky health insurance each year between 2001 and 2003.
Kentucky Health Insurance Regulations
Once a resident has Kentucky health insurance it is guaranteed renewable meaning that as long as the individual has not provided false information and has paid all premiums, that individual is guaranteed the right to renew the existing Kentucky medical insurance plan.
However, when applying for a new Kentucky health insurance plan, medical conditions diagnosed or treated during the six months prior to the beginning of the plan may fall under a pre-existing exclusion provision. During the pre-existing exclusion period the new Kentucky health insurance plan will not pay for any of the medical conditions that fall into this category. Kentucky health insurance policies can have pre-existing exclusion periods that last for up to 12 months. Kentucky medical insurance plans can also contain elimination riders which permanently exclude coverage of an existing medical condition.
Provided there is not time lapse between Kentucky health insurance plans, old exclusion periods for pre-existing conditions can credit the new Kentucky health insurance policy. Also, Individual Kentucky health insurance plans also cover newborns and adopted children for the 31 days after birth or adoption. Adjustments to Kentucky health insurance policies must be made after this period. Handicapped dependents are always covered under the Kentucky health insurance plans that cover dependents even if they are over the age limit for dependent coverage.
Kentucky health insurance companies can deny an individual coverage based on age or health. Kentucky health insurance rates also vary on individual age and health but there are limits as to how much extra they can charge. No individual can be denied Kentucky health insurance that is provided through an employer, nor can that insurance be limited.
For Kentucky residents between jobs or Kentucky health insurance plans some Kentucky health insurance companies provide conversion coverage for the lapse in insurance.
Alternative Kentucky Health Insurance Options
For those who do not qualify for individual Kentucky health insurance or cannot otherwise afford to pay for Kentucky medical insurance, the state of Kentucky has some programs that can help:
- Kentucky Medicaid is available for qualifying individuals who meet the eligibility requirements
- Kentucky Access is the high-risk pool for Kentucky in which individuals who might otherwise be “uninsurable” through individual Kentucky health insurance coverage might qualify to enroll in a group plan. Pre-existing condition periods may apply.
- Kentucky Children’s Health Insurance Program provides Kentucky health insurance coverage for children up to age 19 whose families do not qualify for Medicaid and might not be able to afford Kentucky medical insurance.
- Kentucky Insurance Program for Seniors is designed to help seniors gain access to information about long term Kentucky health insurance and prescription drug programs.
Kentucky Office of Insurance
215 W. Main St.
Frankfort, Kentucky 40601
P.O. Box 517
Frankfort, KY 40602
Telephone: (800) 595-6053
For other Kentucky Insurance Resources, See:
Connect With Kentucky Health Insurance Agents Now By Filling Out The Quick Form At The Top Of The Page.
Health insurance quotes are provided by licensed agents and brokers that partner with USInsuranceOnline to help consumers compare rates and save money.