Get fast, free health insurance quotes in moments!
Get Competitive Health Insurance Quotes now and save!
Compare Rates Within Minutes!
- Complete 1 short quote form
- Compare rates from top insurers
- Save time & money!
Supplemental Health Insurance
Supplemental insurance is not a substitute for major medical insurance, but it can help offset the out-of-pocket costs or lost income related to health care needs.
Most supplemental health insurance will reimburse you directly. You have to pay the bills and then send in a claim for reimbursement since the supplemental health insurance company does not pay the provider directly.
Types of supplemental health insurance that are generally available:
- Supplemental Accident Insurance - This type of policy covers things that health insurance doesn't, such as transportation, over-the-counter medication, and child care if you are involved in an accident.
- Supplemental Health Insurance - This coverage will help lower the health care expenses that aren't covered by most health insurance plans.
- Supplemental Disability Insurance - This provides weekly or monthly benefits to supplement lost wages if you become disabled. Usually a dollar amount up to a certain percentage of your prior income is paid. Please refer to our guide on disability insurance for more detailed information on this type of coverage.
- Supplemental Life Insurance - This will extend the payment amounts on your life insurance policy.
- Supplemental Long Term Care Insurance - This normally pays a particular amount per day for nursing home care, adult day care, and/or home care..
- Supplemental Medicare Insurance - This is for individuals over 65 to help cover medical expenses that are not covered by Medicare.
- Supplemental Cancer Insurance - Cancer is often excluded from health insurance policies. Cancer insurance will provide benefits above and beyond what your health insurance policy will for cancer related health care.
- Supplemental Insurance (Other Specific Diseases) - In addition to cancer coverage, supplemental health insurance is also sold for other diseases.
- Supplemental Hospital Insurance - This will cover hospital expenses not covered by your primary health insurance provider.
Connect With Health Insurance Agents Now By Filling Out The Quick Form At The Top Of The Page.
Health insurance quotes are provided by licensed agents and brokers that partner with USInsuranceOnline to help consumers compare rates and save money.