Get fast, free auto insurance quotes in moments!
Get Competitive Auto Insurance Quotes now and save!
Compare Rates Within Minutes!
- Complete 1 short quote form
- Compare rates from top insurers
- Save time & money!
First Time Driver Car Insurance
First time driver auto insurance can be expensive due to a driver's lack of experience in driving. This inexperience makes the driver a high risk to insure compared to experienced drivers. This is especially true for teenagers who are driving their first car.
First Time Driver Car Insurance Coverage
Whether you are a teen or an adult first time driver, a first time driver car insurance can really make a lot of difference in your driving experience. Aside from being required by law, a first time driver auto insurance can give you protection when accidents occur. With all the financial worries somewhat diminished, you can be more relaxed and have more peace of mind while driving.
A standard first time driver car insurance includes liability coverage. This is the most important coverage of a standard first time driver auto insurance as it pays for expenses on injuries or vehicle damage that you caused.
A good baseline for a standard first time driver car insurance is 100/300/100. This means $100,000 for bodily injury, $300,000 for the injuries of all parties involved and $100,000 for any property damage. However, each state has its own laws on the minimum amount of coverage so be sure to check what applies to you.
Another coverage included in a standard first time driver auto insurance is medical payments coverage. This coverage takes care of the medical expenses of all parties regardless of who caused the accident. Moreover, standard auto insurance can include Personal Injury Protection coverage. This coverage pays for funeral expenses, lost wages, suffering and pain.
Additionally, a first time driver car insurance includes the uninsured motorist coverage and the underinsured motorist coverage. This coverage will pay for your injuries if the other party is not insured or has insufficient coverage.
First Time Driver Auto Insurance – Tips to Get Lower Premiums
Even when you are an inexperienced driver, it is still possible to get cheaper premiums for your first time driver car insurance. Below are some tips for you.
- Start off with a car that is built well and that has plenty of safety features.
- Do not buy a car that is considered a ‘high risk’ (e.g., sports cars).
- Buy a car insurance policy that has a higher deductible. Higher deductibles decrease the premiums.
- Allow for restrictions to be placed on the use of your license. Examples of such restrictions could be requiring you to go to driving school or not allowing you to drive at night.
- If you are a teenage driver, it will be more cost effective for you to get a stand alone car insurance than being added to your parents' insurance.
- And last but not the least, maintain a clean driving record! Drive safely and avoid committing traffic violations.
What it comes down to is that you can probably get better rates on a first time driver car insurance by becoming a responsible driver and by being accountable for all of your actions.
Connect With First Time Driver Car Insurance Agents Now By Filling Out the Quick Form At The Top Of This Page.
USInsuranceOnline provides referrals to auto insurance agents so consumers can compare prices and save money.