Get fast, free auto insurance quotes in moments!
Get Competitive Auto Insurance Quotes now and save!
Compare Rates Within Minutes!
- Complete 1 short quote form
- Compare rates from top insurers
- Save time & money!
Bad Credit Car Insurance
If you are one of the many consumers whose insurance company has told you that you qualify only for bad credit auto insurance, you might only have to look at your credit report to see why. It might not seem fair, but your credit history can influence whether you can buy car insurance and how much you will have to pay for premiums.
Why Drivers with Bad Credit Pay More
Many insurance companies have been using credit rating information as a factor to predict risk. The healthier your credit history, they believe the less likely you are to file a claim against your auto insurance policy and the more likely you are to pay your insurance premiums.
Improve Your Credit and Lower Your Auto Insurance Rates
If your credit history is affecting your ability to get auto insurance or if the insurance company charges you high premiums, it may take some time but it could help if you:
- Get rid of the high interest credit cards.
- Pay your bills on time.
- Do not spend beyond your means.
- If you do not have any credit, get some. Your lack of credit can be a problem; to the insurance companies, you are an unknown quantity.
- Show that you can use credit responsibly. Use your credit regularly, and always make your monthly payments on time.
- Get your credit report from all three major credit bureaus annually and check the information for accuracy. If you find errors, you can dispute them with the creditors and the credit bureaus involved.
- Shop around for insurance. Depending on the insurer, prices for the same coverage can vary a great deal.
- Higher deductibles can lower your premium costs, but make sure you can cover the deductible.
Repairing your credit might be easier than you think. A professional credit repair specialist might be able to help. After you repair your credit, the insurance company might consider you a better risk and reduce your premiums. You can ask them to take you out of the bad credit car insurance category. What else can you do? Some insurance companies specialize in bad credit auto insurance and you can find information about them online. Get a few quotes and compare them so you can get the best buy. Some online services can help you find bad credit car insurance in your area of the country.
If your credit rating improves, contact your agent to see if you might qualify for lower rates. Remember having to get bad credit auto insurance is not necessarily a permanent condition. Do not give up! It may be easier than you think to improve your situation so you do not have to accept bad credit auto insurance ever again. You may even be able to find an insurance company that does not use credit history as part of the application process.
Determining Your Credit Score
For a fee, you can find out what your credit rating is, however, the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act allows you to order a copy of your credit report free from the bureau used by the auto insurance company if they deny you coverage. If you have been turned down for credit of any kind recently, you can request a free credit report from one or more of the three major credit-reporting companies (Equifax, Trans Union and Experian.)
Connect With Auto Insurance Agents Now By Filling Out the Quick Form At The Top Of This Page.
USInsuranceOnline provides referrals to auto insurance agents so consumers can compare prices and save money.