Get fast, free auto insurance quotes in moments!
Get Competitive Auto Insurance Quotes now and save!
Compare Rates Within Minutes!
- Complete 1 short quote form
- Compare rates from top insurers
- Save time & money!
Cheap Auto Insurance for Students
Finding cheap auto insurance is one of the things most dreaded by Americans under the age of 25. Depending on their car, profile, and location, a typical American student could spend as much as $15,000 a year on car insurance. Those who buy sports cars should be aware that they may be charged some of the highest student car insurance premiums around, regardless of whether they happen to be a good driver or not.
Student Car Insurance – NOT a Necessary Evil
Some young drivers opt to go without the whopping cost of auto insurance by simply not purchasing any. These drivers fail to consider that, despite the hefty price tag, purchasing car insurance can save them from a world of financial trouble.
If you get behind the wheel without auto insurance and get into an accident, the following things can happen:
- Your license can be suspended
- You could spend time in jail
- You could be ruined financially
- You could put your future in jeopardy
As you can see, driving without insurance is a costly mistake that could hurt you for many years to come.
Ways You Can Lower Your Student Auto Insurance Premium
Many insurance companies are generally willing to lower car insurance for students based on the following factors.
- If you are below age 25, are enrolled as a full-time student, and are able to maintain a 3.0 GPA, you may be eligible for a discount on your car insurance.
- If you are a resident of a state that has an accreditation program that you pass, you can apply for reduction on your auto insurance. Visit the National Safety Council website (http://www.nsc.org) to know which states are certified and where you can apply.
- If you drive a car that has an alarm or recovery system, and other antitheft devices, or automatic seat belts, airbags, and other safety features, ask for an additional discount on your car insurance premium.
If you are a student, another way you can get cheap auto insurance is to inquire if the company that provides your parents' car and home owners insurance (especially if it is the same company) is willing to give you a discount if you purchase your policy from them.
You can also save on hefty premiums by increasing your deductibles. Since you will only pay deductibles (your out-of-pocket expense) when you get into an accident and file a claim, your savings on the premium could, quite easily, cover the cost.
Connect With Auto Insurance Agents Now By Filling Out the Quick Form At The Top Of This Page.
USInsuranceOnline provides referrals to auto insurance agents so consumers can compare prices and save money.